I think I was in middle school when they Bioré pore strips first came out? Somewhere around early 2000. All I remember is that were they deemed as revolutionary. Of course, they never worked for me because they hurt so bad when I removing hat I would resort to softening them with water to take them off. It defeated the purpose completely, but I didn’t have a very high tolerance for pain back then.
15 years + 1 child later, I now live for the feeling of gunk being ripped out of my pores.
PRO TIP: Bioré works best after steaming your pores because it opens them further to help you remove that gunk more easily. Either invest in a face steamer, take a hot shower, or steam your face for 10 minutes by hovering over a hot bowl of water with a towel covering your head to keep in the steam. Make sure you remove any impurities off your face by cleansing your skin before steaming.
- Cleanse and remove all impurities from skin.
- Steam face for 10 minutes.
- Wet nose.
- Apply Bioré strip.
- When strip is completely dry and hardened, remove. Remove slowly and savour that pain. It’s the feeling of gross being pulled out of your pores.
- Beauty is PAIN!
- Look at the nasty gunk on your Bioré strip and savour how beautiful it is.
- Rinse nose and complete skincare routine.
Words of advice: most of the videos you see floating around about miracle peel off black masks are actually a close up video this nose strip. It worked, but it always leaves you wanting more. I mean if it’s this good on your nose, what about the rest of your face?!
On that note, stay tuned next Friday for my review of a product that is like Bioré for your face. LIFE CHANGING.