So I’m here with my review for this mask. I had heard good things about it so I wasn’t too skeptical. Banila Co is known for their exquisite quality and high standards for skin care. I absolutely loved their lace mask and I knew I had to try this one too.
After a long day of caring for little one and cooking on Christmas Day, I decided to settle down after getting ready for bed and lay with my mask on. I may or may not have fallen asleep with it on at one point. When I woke up I also may or may not have freaked out my husband with the texture of the hydrogel mask by touching him with it…
Muahahaha. BUT I DIGRESS.
To replenish the skin and make it looks fresher than a clean baby’s bum. YAS.
Avoid if: you have really sensitive skin to fragrance and carrageenan, or have an allergy to bees. It has a lot of bee products, so its advisable to always patch test on your skin before slapping the mask on.
How to use:
Cleanse and tone your skin. Make sure there is no makeup, dirt, or oil left on your face. Take the mask and apply the bottom part, followed up by the top potion. Banila Co also recommends the same! I’ve found that it sits better and covers more of the face as well.
- As most other Banila Co masks, they come in 2 pieces, which means it’s easier to fit most face shapes. If you look at my chin, you can see the mask is even shaped to spread there. Very nice!
- Loving how moisture intensive the hydrogel mask is in comparison to regular sheet mask material. The material really does better help retain the serum when applied.
- The serum repaired my skin which had dry and oily patches (thanks to winter’s cold and harsh weather). Very pleased with it!
- It uses royal jelly extract in the mask. That’s the stuff the bees feed to the Queen Bee!
- It’s a gold coloured mask. How royal!
- My skin was noticeably brighter (what is referred to as “whiter” with most Korean skin care products) from within the next day. Not greasy at all, very dewy, well-balanced skin.
- It was very lightly fragranced, very pleasant and relaxing for me.
- The mask recommends 20-40 minutes. I definitely used it for almost a good hour, if not longer.
- This did make my skin tingle. Some people might refer to it as a slight burn. This did not bother me at all, because it didn’t feel alarming. Still, be aware that it may tingle a slight bit. If there is any significant feeling of burning, you should discard and wash your face with a mild cleaner immediately.
- This may irritable for very sensitive skin types because of fragrances and the carrageenan. It’s therefore important to patch test. Do this by taking about of the serum on your finger and apply it on the side of your face or neck. Watch to see if it reacts. If not, definitely move forward with using the mask!
I hope you all found this super helpful and informative. I bought this on EBay from a Korean reseller. You can buy 5 for £15 in England. I even got 2 freebies from Etude House! Next up to try is the Miss Flower & Mr Honey Cream, which I’ve heard is absolutely divine.
Overall, this product is absolutely worth its weight in gold. Highly recommend!