Everyone has been seeing those black masks circulating. So many questions and not enough answers as to what works and what doesn’t. Which work and which don’t? Will this tear my face off? Do I buy or DIY? I needed something to remove the yuck from my face so I thought, why not try something that is trending?
My Scheming is one of the top facial masks that sell in Taiwan, so I had to see that the fuss was about. Now I know I’m not “supposed” to slather it on my face, but honestly, I just went for it because I’m obviously about that Ninja life.
I’ve tried this mask several times to make sure my review isn’t biased. I’ve noticed that it can be as thick or thin as you want to make it. The thinner it is, the less likely it will be to have enough power to pull out clogged pores. The thicker it is, the more likely it is to take forever to dry. Therefore, you need a middle ground! You can use your fingers, but I prefer to squeeze onto my face and redistribute with a clean makeup brush. Make sure you don’t get it on your eyebrows because it will yank hair some out.
DIRECTIONS: There are 3 parts to this set which include 2 small bottles and 1 black squeeze bottle with the mask.
- After thoroughly cleansing and toning your face, use bottle #1 and wipe it around your face to soften your pores.
- Bottle #2 is the mask – apply as needed in specific areas required to a medium thickness.
- After it has fully dried, slowly pull at the edges of the mask and nicely lift it off. You should be able to see any removals on the back of the mask.
- Bottle #3 is to protect and close your pores, so after removing any remaining pieces of the mask, finish up by applying it to your skin.
- Finish up with your usual skin rituals (ampoule,serum, creams, etc).
VERDICT: 2/5. Mediocre at best. This is because while it does get some junk out of your pores, it did nothing for my blackheads. This product really didn’t live up to the hype. What it does do, however, is get rid of any small hairs and any dead skin, making your face super smooth. That’s to be expected, of course, with the exfoliation aka the ripping of a mask off your face. Too bad, I was really hoping for more! The search continues…
What’s your current favourite mask and what do you want me to try out next? Comment below so I know!