This weekend, I’m uploading a video and recipe of a simple veggie pasta dish I made for his royal highness, as an attempt to have him eat something a little different. He was tired of veggie fritters and his usual, so I figured a good old pasta recipe wouldn’t hurt.
Keep in mind that this recipe can be modified to be enough for both mummy and baby, or a few batches of food.
Organic broccoli and shells in white sauce
Meal type: lunch/dinner
Cook time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes.
- Organic broccoli – 300g
- Organic butter – 2 tablespoons
- Organic whole milk – 1 cup
- Organic all-purpose flour – 2 tablespoons
- Tiny soup shells (soup grade) – 1/2 cup
- Olive Oil (for grilling broccoli)
- Organic cheddar cheese (garnish)
- Black pepper
- Salt (optional)
- Chop broccoli into small pieces and grill with a bit of olive oil. Add a pinch of salt to cook the broccoli faster. Blend in processed until in tiny pieces.
- Boil pasta shells until soft and drain. Rinse with cold water and put aside to blend.
- Make a Béchamel sauce by using equal parts of butter and flour on medium low heat to make a roux, then slowly add milk to create your sauce. Add a pinch of Nutmeg for flavour.
- Place cooked pasta in blender and add sauce. Blend until in tiny, creamy chunks.
- In a bowl, mix broccoli and pasta shells with sauce together. If the pasta is not creamy enough, you can add a teaspoon of hot water and blend it until it is the right consistency.
- Optional addition of fresh cracked black pepper and sea salt. Garnish with cheddar cheese and serve!