Last week I had made Vietnamese spring rolls because it was hot and I was craving flavour without having to cook under heat. I made a lot of peanut sauce and having some left over the next day, I decided to make peanut sauce noodles. It was so good, and I barely had to cook to create such rich flavour. I had to share it with you all!
The peanut sauce recipe is originally from this post on Chowhound.
Tisha’s Veggie Peanut Sauce Noodles
Serves: 4-5 people
Ingredients for peanut sauce:
- For the peanut sauce:
- 3/4 cup peanut butter (crunchy or creamy)
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (from about 1 1/2 medium limes)
- 4 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons chilli-garlic paste
- 1 medium garlic clove, mashed to a paste
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
Ingredients for noodles:
- One packet of rice stick noodles (300-400g)
- 3 carrots, sliced in coins
- 2 red bell peppers, julienned
- One large onion, sliced thinly
- 6 chestnut mushrooms, sliced thinly.
- Oil for sautéing
- Large mixing bowl
- First make the peanut sauce. Mix all ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Add one teaspoon of oil to a pan and sauté onions with a little salt for about 2 minutes. Remove and place in large bowl for mixing.
- Add one teaspoon of oil to a pan and sauté mushrooms with a little salt for about 2 minutes. Remove and place into bowl.
- Add two teaspoons of oil to a pan and sauté carrots with a little salt for about 3 minutes. Then add bell pepper and sauté for another minute. Remove and place into plate.
- Cook rice noodles. You must keep them submerged in water until you need to use them, or else it will get clumped together. (TIP: I like to place my noodles in a pot and pour boiling water over them, and cover for about 7-10 minutes, stirring every 3 minutes. Does the trick! Just make sure they are cooked.)
- Put noodles in the large mixing bowl and add a little sesame oil to keep from clumping.
- Gently mix in peanut sauce.
- Your peanut sauce noodles are ready to be devoured. Happy eats!